August 09, 2004

Clearing Barrels, Mascots, and other assorted items

When a young woman associates with a group of men, it is assumed, at least in my world, that she must be sleeping with some or all of them. Acting upon that assumption, people (Most of the time immature boys) then will contrive nicknames. See the above for a couple of examples. The difference between a bitch and a whore? The whore sleeps with everyone, The bitch sleeps with everyone but you. Conversations about sex run rampant in this place because we are all a wee bit frustrated, whether we admit to it or not. The thing is though, what is up with the double standard? Do you men not realize that women are just as bad? Men expect women to be demure, polite, when it comes to matters of sex, and when they meet one that is not afraid to discuss it, they become afraid of her. Out of their fear comes derision, to the point where they revile that one. I don't really care honestly, I am who I am, nothing more, nothing less. People don't understand why I have ceased to care about my reputation. The fact is, I could sit in my room and do nothing (Oh wait, I already do that), and I would still have a reputation as a runabout sue. I have learned that my very best friends are those that look beyond the reputation, that take the time to really know who I am, rather than who everyone thinks I am. People, as a general whole, are very shallow. They don't wish to take the time out to understand everyone, so they shuttle people into little cliches in their mind, and there they stay. They take what they see on the surface, and believe that to be the whole. Why do we do this? Is it because we are lazy?
Well, enough deep thinking from me, I'm hungry now, and the chow hall here actually has real food. Adios for now:-D

No comments: