December 24, 2004

Last minute Christmas shopping

Ok, for me, it really doesn't count for me as last minute. Due to a long standing family tradition, we do not do the whole gift giving part until New Years Eve. Way back when, it was our way of separating the secular from the religious. These days, it's just our special family way of doing things. So, you see, I have a few more days. But for the rest of the world, I needed to get my cards and my little presents for those people who have made a difference in my life this year: *My room mate, who was the best room mate anyone could ever ask for;
*My assistant team leader, who always made me laugh as he is sooo young;
*My team leader, who was always pushing me to try harder, to be better;
*My dearest friend, who made my life that much better in the cruddiest place in the world;
*My friends, who joked and laughed and listened to me;
*The Soldier who held my hand til I was safely out of the truck and being cared for:
*The boys I met Monday night who reminded me that you don't need all your teeth to be a big flirt;
*The man I danced with Monday night, who reminded me that sometimes you just gotta dance;
*My doctors up north, who fixed me up just right;
*My brother, just for being here;
*My sisters, just for being them; and above all else,
*My beloved Mummy, for ALWAYS being the best friend and Mom a girl could ask for.
The list isn't in order of importance, it just is. I realize that this is more of a thanksgiving list thingy, but people, I just want to remind you all of a few facts that you all probably know:
1. FAMILY. No matter what, you are stuck with them for life, may as well make the best of it. No, really, they are the most important thing in theworld. Always appreciate them, and always appreciate the fact that they are there, because as many families this season know too well, you never know when they could be taken from you.
2. The Troops overseas. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you know someone, email them, write them, send your encouragement and support.
3. Your life. Always appreciate the finer things in life, whether it be a good bottle of wine, or simply the nature around you. Take a few moments to yourself, and just enjoy being who YOU are, not who everyone else wants you to be.
David Letterman is supposed to be here tonight, so I am going to the show. I'll get pictures:-D Can't wait to be home:-D And yes all, the blogs will continue, this isn't just a deployment thing:-D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sgt. Lizzie,
We wish you, your family and your friends a very Merry Christmas. I have donated to Any Soldier in your behalf and we wish you Gods speed on your safe return home!

Pat in NC said...

Merry Christmas and many thanks for serving our nation. May there be many blessings for you in the New Year. God bless you.

Sean Dustman said...

Merry Christmas Liz!

Old SAW - S. A. Wilson said...

i've been watching your blog from afar... now its time to say thank you, thank you, thank you, for your service. as we sit around our advent wreath tonight with our four daughters and light our candles, you will be included in our little cirle of prayers. there are millions of us back home tonight who will do the same... not knowing you... but knowing you. we care about you all... and just don't know how to say it. so, thank you & may God bless you. Merry Christmas. SW