November 17, 2004

Shakespeare over dinner anyone?

Last night, as I was washing my hands outside the chow hall, I encountered one of the newbies for our infantry company, who after complaining that the soap was wicked hard to wash off, promptly turned and poured quite a bit out over my hands. Cute. I walked inside, and while standing in line, informed him to watch out, that I usually exact revenge. He later came and sat down with me, along with a passing acquaintance of mine, "Ken" with who I quickly started a needling contest. ( See who could get each others goat the quickest.) The newbie and I introduced ourselves, as I had no clue who he was, just knew he was infantry, and he then asked me if I had a language to go with my job. Ken spoke up and said I was tri-lingual: English, slang, and pure blonde. I told him that I would cop to the pure blonde but that I do not speak in slang. I turned to the newbie and made the remark that at times my English is more Shakespearean then anything else. ( I do have to point out that what I meant was that I tend to speak in full sentances rather then cut my words short) To this he began quoting Romeo and Juliet at the dinner table as me and Ken put our heads in our hands, and I about fell out of my chair laughing. The rest of the dinner was just as amusing, and I haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile.
Today is a gloomy, overcast, windy day, and I love it here.

3 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

LOL. Now, the question would be WHICH of those you consider your "native" tongue, English or pure blonde. ;) Sounds like a fun meal.

-G

Seth said...

How much did he quote? That's gotta be one weird dinner conversation.

You never owned a TV? That's amazing and I applaud your efforts. But don't break now. Just find another CSI junkie and watch at their place. You'll just get sucked in otherwise. Be safe.

Cheryl Aileen said...

Still 'flouncing' around I see LOLOL
Love ya!!