November 18, 2004

Change of Command, Ebay, and Breakfasts

This morning was our company change of command ceremony. As it is the first ceremony I have been to in a combat zone, I was amused but unsurprised to hear this during the introduction "In case of a mortar attack, the ceremony will cease and we will seek protection behind the barriers". Well no duh ROFL. A mortar hits, I don't think we will care much about anything else then getting down under cover. The rest of the ceremony went smooth, save for the 11 people having to stand in formation, trying not to twitch with all of the flys flying around and landing on us, in one case on my nose. Ick.
Thanks to a suggestion left on a comment, I am now addicted to browsing ebay. I have found several things that I like, and enjoy my window shopping each day.
I also was asked to tell what a good breakfast to me consists of. There is nothing better on a Saturday or Sunday morning then getting up later, then driving down the the Waffle House right off of exit 94 on I20 (The one on the Fort Gordon side), and enjoying my omlet, grits, and hashbrowns, with what is undeniably the BEST coffee made. Well, all except for the pots I brew. Back in Kuwait last year, if it was known that I had just made a fresh pot, there would be a stampede in my office, and not more then 5 minutes later, "L, make a new pot please". And I don't even drink coffee that much ROFL.

5 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

Waffle House? You just keep giving me reasons to like you. Okay, mid-January, we start with coffee and move to something a bit harder from there. No problem. And I promise, we'll pick a place with no flies. ;)

-G

LifeWriter said...

Oh, you're too funny! Living in the west now, we don't have Waffle Houses so just this past weekend I ate at one off I-65 at Elizabethtown, KY (near Ft. Knox). Sounds like we order the same thing too. You've just got to check this out and see the good company you're with coffee included(being a Waffle House fan & all) http://www.geocities.com/waffleshrine/
Glad you got the eBay 'bug' -- better than supporting the catalogs because we're all helping each other that way and some super deals too. Keep writing SgtLizzie and keep that head down, ya' hear!

Peri said...

Liz,

You'll have to watch "50 First Dates" then when you are back stateside. Very funny waffle thing..

Hmmm..that is making me hungry. I LOVE breakfast. Now I need to go eat some. Cheers!

Cheryl Aileen said...

You will have to come by and try the breakfasts Where J. works now, Fireside Resturant and Pancake Inn. It is a Mom and Pop place very popular here abouts doing more business than the Waffle House down the block! We ate there a couple weeks ago a treat from the owner when we first joinded J. here. Yummmmmm! Can't vouch for the coffee but the food was great!

LifeWriter said...

Boy, you are dangerous! All this talk of Breakfast and now I just want to go find a Waffle House. Problem is I'm stuck in D.C. right now and they're too snooty to have one. The real test of folks is to ask people on a plane, train, or bus how they take their hash browns at Waffle House -- it's a hoot how particular folks are about those 'smothered' or 'covered' little greasy fry babies. Yummmmm. This reminds me of what I really wanted to ask -- do you get real eggs over there or they the powdered/reconstituted kind? I'd sure hate to eat the fake stuff unless there was a gallon of salsa to drown them in. :--)