December 21, 2004

Spending time

Over the last few days I have spent more time with my baby brother then I have in, well a very long time. It's been a lot of fun sorta getting to know him as an adult, rather then the kid I remember him as, because when I left home for the army, he was only 15:) Now, 4 1/2 years later, we have more things in common then I would have expected, and it is making life fun as hell for me. Of course, it has been a blast for the two of us introducing one another to our respective units. For those who are perceptive, they really haven't needed an introduction as one look at our faces, and you can tell. We have been told repeatedly that we look just alike, and if they spend more than 5 minutes with us, we act alike too. We were playing a game of Jenga earlier and one of his cohorts discovered that we both bite our lips when we are concentrating hard, before said cohort knocked the tower down ROFL.
Nothing much else is going on here, we are gradually getting our equipment clean, and prepping to just leave:-D

4 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

O.K. So maybe I am a little late in your blog game, But when you get back home are you out for good? Have fun,, Hang in there!

DementedPhotographer said...

Hey, Sarge! Make sure you teach him how to blog while you've got his attention!

It is SO WONDERFUL to see you this happy!

-G

LifeWriter said...

I believe this post and your last one make me want to Post on my own, "The Smiles Seen Round the World," as I think many of us have caught those grins and passed them on. Gosh, it's good to read you feeling so much better, dancing with the dudes, and being a big sis' again -- your Mum must be beside herself just wrapping her arms around her computer monitor at such wonderful posts as these. Well, keep on heading home safely and let us continue to hear the good words on your progress. Can't write more; the grin is hurtin' my jaw line now! :--) Godspeed Sgt. Lizzie & Brother-to-Lizzie, keep that look-alike head down and learn from her! We want to hear from You too!

Cheryl Aileen said...

I really am enjoying the posts about you and T. I guess you would have to be a Mum to really get how much joy it brings to know your adult kids are together enjoying each others company :)