April 21, 2005

As promised:-D

Warning, I was up all night, and have had only 4 hours of sleep, so the following blog is a wicked LONG one as I finally wrote up my adventures.

Oh what a trip!
The first day:
My adventures in traveling actually started the day before I was scheduled to fly. My family drove here that day to see me one last time before I took off and also to pick up my car as Mummy was driving it to Fort Lauderdale to see my 18 y/o sister compete in the regional gymnastics meet. Mummy was staying overnight with me to drive me to the airport and the rest of the family was leaving that night to return home. They left around 6:30pm and Mummy and I sat down to a pleasant girls night in my room. About 9:30, we got a call from my step-dad telling us that he had broken down, and the tire had gone flat. Mind you he was on a little country highway, in the middle of nowhere, with my sisters and brother. Ooooh boy. They had had to replace the tire originally on the trip down with the spare, and it was now the spare that had blown out. After quickly showering and changing into my traveling clothes, Mum and I took off in my car, and I signed out on leave. Thankfully the person on duty that night was understanding and allowed me to sign out 2 hours early. (side note here, when signing out on leave you are allowed to sign out midnight the day you are leaving) Mum and I ran around town for 2 hours before we were able to get assistance at a Walmart in town, where the manager had gone out of her way to assist us. We then took off to go get the rim, to have the tire put on, and retrieve the youngest children. They were about an hour away so we got there around 0100, and loaded the babies in the car and took my 16 y/o sister with us to mind them. My 12 y/o sister was very upset, as mother had told me on the trip up that she had told her sisters that Lizzie was going to Texas to get married without us. I spent some time calming her down (and trying not to cry myself as this child is my baby having raised her since she was a baby). But we finally took off, after reassuring the 2 girls left behind that Justin wouldn't allow anything to happen to them and that we would be back soon. We headed back to Augusta, and to the Walmart where it took a matter of minutes to get the tire on, and actually it took us longer to shop for snacks then that. Mother then took me to the Airport as my flight was scheduled for 0600 and it was close to 0400. By this time I was TIRED, but I couldn't sleep for fear that my bags would be jacked. The counter opened up around 0515 and I quickly checked my bags and sat down again to wait for the gate to open at 0530. When it did I headed down there, and after going through security laid my head down to rest my eyes. The plane was late, and then we were informed that it was also overbooked and would anyone please give up their seat in exchange for a free round trip ticket anywhere in the US. Hmmmmmmmm thoughts popped into my head, and I went ahead and did so. Then I was able to book my mother on a flight to Orlando, where one of my brothers lives, for the regionals. The lady at the counter was really nice, and went out of her way to help me with that, so all I had to do when I reached Texas was drop the tickets in Express mail. I was then rebooked on later flights and laid down again until they booted us from the gate and I had to go back up to the terminal. I ate breakfast and waited to return to the gate. When it finally opened, the plane was late once more, and they also ended up changing planes to a smaller prop plane. Now that was a new one on me. I have traveled on many MANY planes, but never a prop (outside of military obviously). When we took off I held on for dear life as it was loud and shaky. Once we got up high enough, I relaxed, though I had never flown that low before either. it was fascinating to see the land laid out before me in a seemingly elaborat jigsaw pattern of greens, browns, blues, and yellows, particularily over the farming areas. We got to Charlotte without a hitch, and I was driven to my gate, where I discovered that my plane to Houston was over 2 hours delayed already! Sheesh. I took off for Houston around 2 EST, and arrived around 4 CST, where Daniel promptly gave me grief (jokingly of course) that I can never seem to get a flight to him to arrive on time. The last 3 times I have flown to a destination where he is waiting, I am late. Of course, it is never my fault although one could say that by giving up my seat this time it was my fault indirectly. Ah well, it was for a good cause in that Mummy didn't have to drive an insane number of miles.
The following days:
After arriving to Daniel's parents home that evening, we both crashed out early, as it had been a long day for both. The next few days we spent kicking around the house relaxing and watching TV. We went to the Texas Zoo in Victoria, TX (He is from Edna, about 30 miles away), one day, and while it was a very small zoo, it was also interesting and very nice. That night we went to a church meeting for a small party for April birthdays within the church, which was mostly Daniel's extended family. Slightly intimidating, not that I told him that as I love to tease him about being afraid of my family:)
Friday the 8th:
That morning we left for Garner State Park, about 5 hours away. We had aimed for leaving around 7, but ended up leaving around 8 instead, as I am a lazy bum who wanted to sleep too much LOL. The drive out there was a lot of fun, with a bit of bickering over the radio as we have dueling musical tastes. I like country, and he likes anything but:-D We got there around 1 in the afternoon, after stopping for an hour in Hondo for food and last minute necessities. Daniel went in and got our shelter, while I drooled over the beauty that was the entrance. Mind you, I haven't been camping in well over 13 years now, so this was quite an new adeventure for me as an adult, although as a youngster I spent my summers almost always up on Mount Lemmon, in Tucson, AZ. Oh the fun we had backpacking and camping then. After Daniel had situated us, we drove out to see our campsite. it amused me greatly, as we had a small shelter that was halfway screened in and had lights , electricity, and a running water faucet outside. This is roughing it? Yeah ok. We unloaded the truck, and started setting up our tent. Teehee, after setting it up we had two small poles left over that we couldn't figure out where they belonged. After much hemming and hawing and finally reading the directions, I finally determined that they were for the rain fly:-D I sprayed the tent down with water-proofing, a recommendation from Mummy, who went camping quite a bit last year with the girls, and got quite wet a time or two LOL. We settled in, and then changed to our swimsuits for a swim in the Rio Frio (Cold River). It actually wasn't as cold as Daniel had said it would be, though the rapids were a lot of fun to play in with the current. I had to be careful where I went as I would have been easily knocked over having no balance. That night we dried off by the fire and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs for dinner. FUN! I love roasting the PERFECT brown marshmallow, then enjoying the crisp outer shell and the warm melting inside. Ooooooooooooooooooo so good. Daniel got quite the giggle out of my orgasmic bliss over eating these perfect marshmallows. The next day we lounged around the campsite most of the morning, and then took a drive around the park. I saw Ole Baldy, the primary mountain in Garner, that someday I will be capable of climbing, and quite a few black-headed squirrels. Daniel told me a story from when he was young and the first time he saw one of these odd creatures. He told his family about it and they didn't believe him until they themselves saw it. We also hit the gift store where I picked up goodies for my sisters. We went wading again, and then hit the showers to clean up. Driving to the showers it was dusk, and I saw the most incredible thing I have ever seen before. Crossing the road ahead of us was an enormous herd of deer, with one large Buck! Unfortunatly I didn't get a picture:( In the evening, the park had a dance in the pavilion there, and Daniel took me down to see. I tried very hard to get him to dance with me, but he would only dance one dance, the little puss:-D (Love you dear) The next day, Sunday, we packed up and drove down to his sisters house for Sunday dinner with his parents and both of his sisters and brother-in-law. Very yummy:-DMonday through ThursdayNothing really much, just spending time with his parents, meeting more members of his family, and running around Edna and Victoria.
Friday the 15th:
Daniel discovered that I am not very good to shop with when shopping for mens clothing. I am an absolute weirdo ROFL:-D
That day was the BBQ for Daniel's fathers birthday as well as all the April celebrations in his family. Holy crud were there a lot of people there and that was just from one side of the family! It was a lot of fun though. At one point, I was holding a water gun at Daniel, who told me not to do it, not that I was going to listen to him. He then turned around and popped a water balloon that I was holding in my hand all over me. Oh it was on after that. I rounded up all of his younger cousins and proceeded to declare war. He didn't have a chance, although he got his licks in at me:-D By the time we left to go home that afternoon as I was in pain and needing to rest, (that's what running around will do to one) I was soaked and had torn my good jeans.That night was my last night, so we stayed up talking about everything.
Sunday we left to drive to Houston to drop me off at the airport. I had gotten a call from mother that morning saying that she was having to drop my car off early that afternoon as she wasn't able to pick me up that evening. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare and went to the bar there in the terminal for a last meal and drink together. I bought a magazine and "the Hitchikers guide to the Universe" to read on the plane. When it was time for me to go up the ramp to my gate, we hugged and kissed, and as I walked up the ramp, I couldn't help it, I started crying like a baby. I looked back too many times, and then walked to my gate with very blurry eyes. I wasn't scheduled to leave for about 45 minutes, so I went to the bar by the gate and had another drink. By the time I boarded my plane, I was tipsy (mind you I only had 2 glasses of wine) Note to self: don't travel like that anymore. I so wanted to fall asleep on the plane and just couldn't get comfortable, so after an hour of flying, I was very very drowsy and got a cup of coffee to wake me up a wee bit. I got home, on time no less, retrieved my luggage and went out to find my car, which Mummy had parked very close to the terminal, thankfully. On my way home I picked up bread and milk, and then got home and settled in to head to bed as I had to be up again at 0600 for PT in the morning. Back to normal life for me and I hate it. These 2 weeks have been the longest time I have been able to spend with Daniel in literally 3 years now, and I want more. I can only hope and wait for the day when it is possible for us to be together again for good. (for all those who are now wondering: Daniel and I met 4 1/2 years ago when I was assigned to Korea with him. We dated back then, but it didn't work out though we remained friends. In the last 4 years, we have kept contact with each other, though there have been years where we didn't see each other. granted I was in Iraq at the time LOL. I have always loved Daniel, and would compare others to him though I thought it impossible to have the real thing. Now that we are together, and have been so for some time, we look upon the last 4 1/2 years as our growing up period, a time to spend time finding out what we truley wanted out of life and a relationship. It has been a rocky run, with both of us saying goodbye at one time or another and breaking the others hearts, but we never could seem to let go of the other. Once upon a time I veiwed myself as pathetic because I never could let go of Daniel permanently, although heaven knows I tried. Now I am grateful I never did, because if I had, I wouldn't have this wonderful man now. He has helped me to want to improve myself, to deal with my issues, and given me permanent incentive to deal with things and improve myself. Others have done this over the years, some More then others, but he is now behind me, supporting my in whatever move I should make, and I do love him dearly for it.)
Post a Comment