February 28, 2006

Moving weekend

So we spent our weekend moving things between our old apartment next door and our new, bigger apartment. A nice bonus for me is that I now have a sunny backyard in which to have my many potted plants that I desired. I now have 2 types of tomatos, marigolds, oregano, chives, cilantro, basil, and 3 types of peppers: Habanero, Jalapeno, and Serrano. Plenty of fresh salsa makings for hubby.
Anyway, we spent all day Saturday moving stuff and then Sunday we scrubbed and cleaned. Also on Saturday I had the pleasure of lunching with an old friend I had not seen in some years downtown. That was alot of fun.
Do you know that it is darned impossible to find a small mom and pop mexican restaurant here on the northwest side that serves breakfast? We didn't know this until we spent an hour searching LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - be careful with those Habaneros - a few years ago I cut some open and removed the seeds ...
My fingers started burning- Washed them 2 times for about 3-4 minutes each time. About 45 mins later went to relieve myself and ended up spending the next 35 mins in the shower. Glad I had a shower massage! lol - use gloves!!!