September 25, 2004

How well do people know me?

Of the 5 people I sent the quiz too, 3 have taken it, and the average score is 81%, so not too bad. But what really made me giggle, was that my dear, beloved mother, missed 2 questions, and scored 88%:-D Ok granted, she thought I was a perfect angel and that my favourite season was fall, so maybe she can be forgiven:-D Anyway, these little quizzes are causing some amusement amongst my group of friends, as I have been now quizzed by 2 of my oldest friends. Scored low on one (oops), and high on the other (He thinks I'm dumb). Tickle.com, an amusing place let me tell you.
Anyway, thus far, my day hasn't been bad, haven't really done anything other than type up a memo, (love typing memos). But I have to say, getting tired of the not doing anything bit. My whole goal, my whole purpose in life is to make a difference in other peoples lives. After all, that's what the US is doing here isn't it? Making a change for the better for these people? Yet here I am sitting quite comfortably in an office with a fan (No, no AC for me), Safe (Being a relative term around here), and with a good number of amenities (Showers, chow hall, PX). Yep, living the good life while deployed. And no, I am not exactly grateful. I'd much rather be out there, helping, assisting in any way that I could. I read the blogs, the stories, and the newspaper, there are people out there everyday, doing. And here I am, sitting. Blah isn't life good ROFL. Ok I swear, enough with the griping from me.
I have to say though, that I am remarkably blessed, lucky, however you would want to put it. I have a great family, a better then average relationship with my mother (My best friend in the whole wide world), friends who make everything just THAT much better to my day, and as ever, my perpetual life won't get me down attitude. I know you all can't really see that last online, but I swear, I try hard to make it so:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Yours is the first blog I have ever read. A news article with three made me aware of this great outlet. I assume it is , because I live in the bush alone every night while hubby goes off-shore, and depend on email to hear from friends in the States.. I can only imagine what experiences you are having there. Good luck to you and your peers. I hope you will be able to see your loved ones soon.
Patty, Tasmania Australia via So. California

Anonymous said...

I think Tracy is correct when she says that "If you can help one person, then you have made a difference". You probably have already made a difference and you won't even know it. Please stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Have just discovered these military blogs this evening. What a blessing to me!! I feel so distant to what is going on in Iraq. Even though I watch the news, and read the papers, I just don't know what or whom to believe. Now I feel like I will actually be able to get a good perspective on what is going on, what is getting done and why we are there. Thank you so much for your time and effort in your "blog" endeavor. If you ever have time to email please do so at gbmiller68@yahoo.com. Btw, I'm a 54 yr. old married housewife living in SE Missouri.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will be safe, as we watch the administration endanger our troops daily.
You have made a difference already and when you get back home, be proud that you had the courage to do what you were called to do.
Go safely

Ellen in Vienna VA

Anonymous said...

For what its worth - Thank you, your time and efforts are appreciated by me and many others I'm sure...

Be safe and know at least you are in our prayers...
Stay safe
Jim

Dennis said...

Lizzie

Just came across your blog tonight. Thank you so much for your service. While I've been supportive of the President's actions against terrorism, I developed a new interest a couple nights ago. I found out my pastor is going to Iraq. He is a Chaplian with a National Guard MASH unit. I need to teach him to blog before he goes. : ) You have another praying for you. God's speed and His blessing.
Dennis

Anonymous said...

Lizzie,

Just found out about Blogs...what will they think of next? I am proud of you and all our troops over there. REgardless of what the mainstream media says you ARE doing good. I have some friends over there as well and I sure would like them home but I understand why they want to be there. Please tell everyone there there ARE people who think you are doing good. Stay safe and healthy and watch out for those M4's you might need that foot Sgt. take care.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that what you do...yes even typing the memos and being in a secure location helps people everyday! I wish you the best of luck overseas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how times have changed! Hey Sarge! I am what some people refer to as a Senior Gulf War Veteran,(meaning I served in Desert Shield/Storm),and oh how I wish blogs were available back then, quite amazing what our technology can do these days! I like everyone else here in the states watches the news on a daily basis, but to hear the daily routine from a point of view such as yours is what truely matters! It sounds like you are making the best of things with the situation you face.
I hope the army is providing everything it can to ease the burden, I never new wet naps could be such a life saver until I found myself in the big sandbox 14 years ago!It sounds like you have some great stories to be told and I am looking forward to checking out your blog on a daily basis! Love the story on how your $30.00 bra got ruined, thats what makes our military so great when its best soldiers can go into harms way and look and feel good doing it!Well, please stay safe and God Bless you all....feel free to email me at r.w.harrod@worldnet.att.net if you get some time, maybe I can tell you some of my experiences!

Anonymous said...

I am a gulf war 1 vet (w/ the 82nd) and spent 7 1/2 months in that big sand box. I thought we did something great ie' for defending democracy truth freedom and the american way. I came home to find out that I'm sick and my daughter born after I came back is sick and the gov't says it's not becasue of the war. later I end up getting into a physical confrentation that requires me to defend my self and I get arrested becasue I had "military" training, and my public pretender "defender" didn't invesatige the person or incident and my CONSTITUTIONAL rights were not observed and I ended up with a conviction because I couldn't afford a real lawyer. Most of the homless people I see ont the street are vets. I once was PROUD of this country, and I support our TROOPS as well as feel sorry for them, because I KNOW how most of them will be treated when they come back. And becasue of that I am ashamed of our country for it's history of how the gov't treats it's veterans.

Anonymous said...

I think the SE mo housewife who just doesn't know whats going on would do well to quit looking for men on the internet and watch the news once in a while.