May 18, 2005

Answers, Finally

They may not have been all the answers I was looking for, but it is a satisfying thing to finally know. My appointment with the Orthopaedist was this morning, and it took him only a few minutes to analyze the issue and tell me what was really wrong: When I tumbled in the accident, I broke my leg, when that happened, it readjusted one of my joints and in the past 5 1/2 months it has healed in a not so good position, and there really isn't much that he could do surgically speaking, and that chances were that I now have a higher risk of having early onset of arthritis in my knee. Ok, now that I have outlined all of the bad stuff, what this also boils down to is that the doctor also recommended a medical board, which means that they would consider medically booting me out. No, that's not so bad. Kinda what I was hoping for honestly, as there is a whole other world out there that I want to know about, and experiance. I was talking to someone the other night, about the fact that I have really realized my mortality. This doesn't mean that I am now suddenly afraid of death, only in that I know that I could quite feasibly die tomorrow. If that happens, I want to know that I have lived my life the best that I could, and done as much as I could in achieving my greatest potential. e.g. starting college, settling down, etc.
Post a Comment