February 07, 2007

Is this what we Veterans deserve?

I have already told you about the phone call I recieved cancelling my surgery and pre-op due to the doctor leaving town. Yesterday I went in for another appointment to ask them to consider sending me out to a private surgeon to get this chip removed finally. The answer I got was this: 1. They are not sending anyone out.
2. They are not placing anyone on any waiting lists.
3. They really have no idea when they will have a new surgeon in, and
4. When they do get a doctor in, the process will have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
What that means for me basically, is that I have to see the doctor in the clinic, be set up with a new appointment for pre-op and surgery, and as there is no priority list based on those who had their appointments cancelled soonest, the likelyhood of having to wait yet ANOTHER 9 months to have this wrist fixed, is HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't just go to a civilian doctor through my private insurance and get this done because my insurance won't cover me: Prior existing conditions require a 6-12 month wait, and my current insurance sucks anyway because I am out of state for them.
I am going to end this blog now, my wrist hurts and I can't type any more.
Post a Comment